Losing your direction during Jet skiing is one of the most terrible situations that one can ever face. Thanks to the Modern handheld GPS technology that can save your life and also keep your loved ones at peace.
In this article we have discussed some of the best jet ski GPS Navigator that can comfortably let you find your way out of waterways. These devices are not only handy to operate but should be a part of your fishing and camping activities.
Our Recommended Jet ski GPS Navigators
best GPS device for jet skiing
Best GPS tracker for Jet Ski adds more skills and convenience to your water sports activity. You can easily find these models in the market at reasonable prices. The Marine world needs more secured and skilled people to dive in.
Here are Top 10 GPS Navigators for Jet Ski Riders (2023 Edition)
- Garmin eTrex 22x handheld GPS
- Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct
- Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS
- Garmin GPS Map 78sc
- Delorme PN – 60 military
- Standard Horizon HX890 VHF + Gps
- Lawrence a hook 2 GPS fish finder
- Garmin Striker Plus 4
- GPS map 64SX by Garmin
- Garmin Rino 750
The technologically equipped GPS devices can tolerate the marine pressure and demands very well. You ought to have them in order to come out safe and conveniently. No salt water can destroy the GPS devices and that is why they are apt for fishing, camping and jet skiing activities.
Best GPS navigation systems for Jet ski
1. Garmin eTrex 22x handheld GPS
Looking forward to getting more features at less price? Garmin eTrex 22x would be your choice because it gives you so much more in comparison to the price tag it carries.
Every jet skier loves this model because of its open ended features. In fact, social media handles have often discussed this particular model being used amongst the professional riders.
What we like:
- 2.2″ color display for enhanced readability even in bright sunlight.
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps featuring routable roads and trails for hiking and cycling.
- Supports both GPS and GLONASS satellite systems for tracking in challenging environments.
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads, plus a micro SD card slot for expandable storage.
- Long battery life of up to 25 hours in GPS mode using 2 AA batteries.
2. Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct
A pocket friendly GPS model can help you to find your ways much more conveniently. The waterproofing ability is a good choice to help it to carry deep under water.
Make sure that you purchased the original model and do not get attracted by cheap navigational options. This is more of an affordable model in comparison to the feature it has.
What we like:
- Rugged and durable design built to withstand tough conditions, meeting US Military Standards.
- Multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass, and Galileo) support.
- Includes features like heart rate, activity, stress, and preloaded activity for training.
- Automatic sync feature through Garmin Connect online ( Via smartphone)
- Never get lost with the trackback feature, which allows you to easily navigate back to starting point.
- Long battery life for extended use, with up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 16 hours in GPS mode.
3. Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS
Magellan GPS devices have never been very expensive but have proven themselves time and again. Enjoy the GPS navigation facility on a coloured screen that shows everything more precisely underwater.
This is slightly more expensive than the usual underwater GPS navigation devices but it deserves to be purchased because of its exemplary features. You will never be disappointed on using a Magellan explorist GPS device.
What we like:
- This GPS device has waterproof design along with a TFT display that is easily readable in direct daylight.
- Advanced technology transflective display is particularly built for readability even in bright conditions.
- The World Edition offers information on road networks, water conditions, and other useful information.
- View, search, and filter features available on the device.
4. Garmin GPS map 78sc
Many riders have already given their vote for Garmin GPS map 78sc that is full of features and absolutely handy. It has all the fundamental specifications that you need to use under water in the marine world.
A simple yet very useful piece of kit should be your pick if you are planning to ride on a boat or a jet ski.
What we like:
- High-resolution 2.6-inch color TFT display ensures excellent visibility even in bright sunlight and meets IPX7 waterproof standards for added durability.
- The preloaded BlueChart g2 U.S./Bahamas provides detailed information on shorelines, depth contours, navaids, harbors, marinas, and more for easy navigation.
- Experience accurate heading, altitude, and weather data with the built-in 3-axis with barometric altimeter.
- Easily sync tracks, routes, and geocaches with other compatible devices for seamless navigation.
5. Delorme PN – 60 military
There is a lot of roughness and adventure underwater when you actually go for jet skiing. This is indeed one of the best GPS units that can be easily stored and used underwater.
Delorme PN -60 military comes in beautiful orange color so that you can easily find and store it in the compartments. It is known for the highest military standards and a great performance.
What we like:
- 3 Axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter for accurate navigation and altitude tracking.
- Power management system with an ambient light sensor to maximize battery life.
- Ability to transfer GPS files to SD cards, making it convenient to have backups, including waypoints, tracks, and geocaches for convenient.
- 3.5 GB of user-available memory for storing GPS data and other files.
6. Standard Horizon HX890 VHF + Gps
This is definitely an awesome VHF device if you are seriously under budget. With minimal features, this equipment is always a good option when you can’t decide the exact model to purchase.
What we like:
- All-in-one kit including rechargeable Li-Ion battery, 110V wall charger, 220V adapter, charging cradle, 12V charger, and more.
- Loud 700mW audio output and noise-canceling function for clear TX/RX audio.
- Long 11-hour operating time with high capacity 1800mAh Li-ion battery.
- Flexible power output options of 6/2/1 W.
- Easy-to-use menu system with a large 1.7’’ x 1.7’’ full-dot matrix display.
👉🏻 Get the most out of your time on the water with the best Jet ski VHF radio on the market.
7. Lawrence a hook 2 GPS fish finder
Are you fond of Jet ski fishing ? Then this is undoubtedly your underwater GPS device. The amazing equipment will never let you feel disappointed when it comes to features and model size.
It also has a coloured screen that makes things viewable in the marine world. Moreover, handling it is not a tough task at all.
What we like:
- Auto-tuning sonar and phone-like menus for easy usage.
- Wide-angle CHIRP sonar cone for double the coverage.
- Single transducer can be mounted in multiple ways for easy setup.
- SplitShot transducer provides DownScan and CHIRP sonar views.
- Basic GPS plotter for navigation, including adding waypoints and following trails.
8. Garmin striker plus 4
Garmin striker +4 is also a great Fish Finder. It is basically a combination of GPS and fish finder and is perfect for people having a good budget. If you have not heard much about this model, just try it out once when you are out at a group ride. The pricey gadget would never disappoint you.
What we like:
- Excellent combination of Dual-beam transducer with Garmin Chirp traditional provides clear images.
- Touch control method and Bluetooth special feature.
- Built-in GPS for marking waypoints, creating routes, and viewing boat speed.
- Sunlight-readable 4.3″ display and intuitive user interface.
- Rugged design for all fishing environments.
9. GPS map 64SX by garmin
Again an exemplary GPS device from Garmin is a must have thing. However, you need to have this only when you owe a big budget.
Not everybody can afford to have this model that has larger screen but has so many handy features to make underwater diving very easy and complex free.
What we like:
- Rugged design with waterproof capabilities for durability
- High-quality buttons and a 2.6″ sunlight-readable display for easy use
- Includes built-in TOPO active maps for US & Australian editions
- Offers wireless connectivity through BLUETOOTH and ANT+ technology (GPSMAP 64sx and GPSMAP 64csx models only)
- Long battery life of up to 16 hours in GPS mode.
10. Garmin rino 750
The smartphone-based GPS navigator is slightly expensive and a good alternative to various other models. It has a large big screen and a memory map defender that gives you a feel of a typical iPhone.
However, it might not appear a very handy device for most of the marine navigators. It is basically a military model that is partially meant for serving purpose.
What we like:
- Comes with extended 20 miles communication for voice or unit-to-unit text messaging.
- Voice control and touchscreen interface make it easy to navigate on the go.
- Comes with advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception for accurate mapping.
- 3″ sunlight-readable touchscreen with dual orientation for landscape or portrait view.
- Dual battery option provides up to 14 hours of use with a lithium-ion pack or up to 18 hours with optional AA batteries.
Our Top Recommendation (Categories Wise)
Not all the yes devices can tolerate extreme water conditions. You need to specifically rely on a GPS device that can work well in skidding across the water. More than being waterproof, it should survive if it drops below 1 m deep underwater. It should have qualified for the drop test and carry a certificate for being waterproof. After all, you just cannot afford to rely on any random GPS device when undertaking a critical water sports activity.
With the above characteristics, the only advisable jet ski navigator will be Delorme PN – 60 Military.
It goes without saying that nobody can apply brains in two different things while diving deep inside water. You need to have a very simple GPS navigation system that can quickly give you direction on a simple press of a button. Our top recommendation in terms of super user-friendly and easy to navigate will be Garmin 010-02064-00 Instinct, super-easy to use and best in term of navigation.
You can additionally go for the GPS systems from the manufacturers that give lifetime upgrades.
If you’re more looking for on visually premium GPS navigator for your PWC, we suggest checking out the Garmin GPS Map 64SX. It has a large screen and multi-functionality, making it a premium choice. Despite its many features, it’s reasonably priced and an excellent value for money. If you can afford it and don’t want to consider other options, this is the perfect choice for you.
Every person who is on a jet skiing tour needs to have a personal GPS model. The Varying needs are quenched with different models of navigators. You need to make your own choice according to the budget and features so that the diving becomes absolutely successful.
People who have a biases towards bright models can go for the coloured navigators. On the other hand, some of them come with side handlebars for added security.
Garmin is commonly selected as a marine GPS device. It offers impressive features and you can never go wrong with its colorful screen. The riders always prefer to own something that can quickly make them aware of their surroundings and location.
All GPS devices from Garmin are perfectly reliable and deliver good information in case you are lost. The high-quality gadget can quickly figure out if you are going west downstream or upstream. However, there are other brands also available in market such as sea-doo gps navigation which are competing with Garmin Navigators.
The GPS navigator is also a great option in case you are stuck in any type of emergency situation. It is recommended to specifically go for this model if you are not willing to compromise on the quality product.
For more related content on PWC Safety accessories or Jet ski advice, navigate our website.
1 thought on “Top 10 Best GPS Navigators for Jet Skiing (2023 Edition)”